Thursday, January 14, 2010

Multi-Level Marketing Realities - Part 3

I now had several pages written in Front Page Express and they looked ok, so I bought some cheap web space from comevisit.com and uploaded my web pages using ftp.  FTP stands for file transfer protocol and is a semi-simple way to move files, i.e. web pages, from one computer to another.  So now I had the pages uploaded and I was testing them like crazy to make sure all the links worked, that there was no spelling errors, and that all the text made sense.  I was happy with what I had created, which pushed me to learning and trying even more new things.

I then started learning how to promote the new site.  Search engines, web directories, free for all links, classified advertisements, yellow page listings (on the internet), and however else I could promote the web pages for free.  I had no desire whatsoever to pay for advertising at this time.  I was actually just playing around trying new things.  Many of the things I tried, I am ashamed to say, I told my wife about after the fact.  Luckily, I did tell her about uploading the pages before we got our first call.

Within two weeks of uploading our pages and beginning to promote the webspace, which was at www.comevisit.com/smark, we received our first order.  Holy crap!  This actually worked!?!  As I improved the pages and promoted them some more, we started getting a good trickle of calls for information and to place orders.

Multi-Level Marketing Realities - Part 4

Start At The Beginning

GoDaddy.com - World's No.1 Domain Name Registrar

No comments: